Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Memories

well i feel a little like the essay writing assignment or the compositions we used to have in school...but then its really very fulfilling to do this...first i thot of a title "My Native" then "My Home"....but then i felt that memories are better...

the place i belong to is really the most beautiful and the number one in any list of places to be visited for me as it has my home...the only place were i can be just myself...the memories of me giving the first performance in school still remain vaguely as i was not given the prize...a stainless steel tumbler...when all my classmates were given and i wasnt...well it was not a mistake...its just they (my teachers) forgot...i cried so much that mom had to go meet my class teacher and get it...this was in LKG...(well wat memory i have...this is not something told by my mom, probably she would have forgotten it but then i remember...its fresh in my memory)

and then there was this lemon-in-the-spoon race...this took place the AVK club and i still remember taking the lemon on the spoon and running and it falling...again picking up and doing this multiple times...i dont remember whether i got a prize for it or not...but then me running with the spoon in my mouth is still there...

then there was this admission to 1st standard to a convent...it was considered very good and i wrote the entrance examination only to fail...i was a very good student in the KG classes...was the topper...but here i fail...well it dint hurt me then as it would have now...but dad was very particular in putting me there...so he went and met the principal and then a church father recommended that i take another test...i remember meeting the father as that was the first time i went to a church... and then got thru the second time...without losing a year ofcourse...it was a test only to me

then here i come...a new place and a very diverse set of ppl...there were hostelers from various places...and this dint affect me...or i dont remember anything happening to me then...but then my mom keeps saying that i felt it very alien...i was used to speaking Badaga (my mother tongue) and a little of Tamil...and English was like no conversational skills...(here comes my IT language...skills and skill sets)...so when i come back home...i keep asking mom that if our language is Badaga why r ppl at school asking me to speak something different?

and here started me becoming very average in studies...it was probably i was not able to cope up with the ICSE syllabus...so was getting very low grades...and the major reason was that though i knew the answers...i was very slow in writing...i remember once when my teacher (a sister, nun) told me that to write the test tomorrow before taking the sheet from me...i had just finished the fill-in-the blanks and match the following...well i took it happily and left for home...

dont remember wat happened in 2nd and 3rd standards...but usually remember the days before the vacations...we used to have both winter and summer vacations...they used to be like one month for winter and 2 months for summer...i used to wait for them eagerly

2 Comments:

Blogger XVSA013 said...

i remember asking one boy to point his two fingers for me to bite it ... he wasnt willing, so i told it it wont hurt ... i think i had another friend to help me convince him. i bit it so hard; he screamed the hell out of the teacher who made me sit in the corner of the class room, she choose to disregard my claims of not doing anything. damn her.

this was in pre-kinder garden ... i was 2 yrs old.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Syam said...

Thats awesome!!I am surprised that you had started just like me..with retaining and reviving the good-oldies.Wish you shall not miss any rewards in your work place:)cheers.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home